The area’s largest and rapidly growing behavioral health care provider is seeking candidates for the position of Controller.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, effective, experienced and personable accounting professional to join our growing team.
The successful candidate will possess strong analytic, organization, communication, and customer service skills. The controller will play a key role within the Finance Department. This is a hands-on position and will supervise four staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead month end closing and annual audit
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Prepare all external reporting activities
- Reconcile bank and general ledger accounts
- Provide advanced level of accounting guidance and be able to research and resolve issues that arise
- Perform detailed budgeting analysis and forecasts
- Lead and coordinate the annual budgeting cycle
- Develop and maintain process documentation
- Track revenue and expense information for programs
- Perform internal quality process reviews
- Work with the billing manager to manage receivables
- Supervision and provide backup coverage of fiscal staff
- Review financial information such as trends, performance metrics and present in a clear manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required (MBA or CPA Preferred)
- 7+ years accounting experience, healthcare background preferred
- 5+ years budgeting and forecasting experience required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills required
- Advanced knowledge of accounting systems, AS/400 preferred
- Hands on person with the ability to dig in and work through any obstacle
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate in a pleasant and efficient manner with staff at all levels in the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to professionally address issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Controller will report directly to SVP of Finance. We offer a competitive salary, excellent fringe benefit package including healthcare, dental, vision, vacation, tuition reimbursement, highly generous 401(k) plan, and more.
Please include your salary requirements with your resume and cover letter.